Ep 85: Dream...but with discipline
Jun 03, 2021
In today's episode, I share with you how to dream, but with discipline. SO many people have lofty dreams - which are awesome - but they are disciplined in their approach. This is why it is so important to understand these 5 ways to dream with discipline in your business.
Here are some ways to think about the discipline you need to get your business started & growing effectively:
1 - Discipline to start it right. You must take time to give your business foundations that will last. There is so much to come, so much marketing to come and several product iterations to come - so you must start your business right. Don't feel it needs to be perfect. It does not. That is why I'm a big proponent of the "imperfect-action" approach to starting your business so that you don't stall.
2. Discipline to take steps regularly. So many of you get excited and start things, but don't finish them. You get excited about this business - but then you get confused or stumped - and then just stall and don't move forward. You have to keep yourself moving. And as you know, I'm a big proponent of the "imperfect-action" approach to starting your business so that you don't stall.
3. Discipline to be smart with your money. You can't buy everything you "dream" of having for your business. You can't join every single program. You can't buy every piece of inventory you think you need. You can't pay for the best website design ever right now (*unless you have a luxury brand you need to come out of the gate high-end, but that is another story :) ) Then on the other hand, if you don't have money, sometimes you need to spend some money to get the help you need to make this business successful.
4. Discipline to ask for help. Some things are taking you so much time and yet some of you keep trying to do things on your own. Make sure that you outsource what you are not good at or what is frustrating you so that you don't waste so much time doing this.
5. Discipline to adjust as needed. Be open to change. Listen to customers. Listen to feedback. Watch the market. Also, go with your gut - if you are not loving what you are doing, don't be afraid to shift, pivot, adjust, etc.
1. GET your FREE 16-step checklist & your business purpose guide HERE - yay!
2. JOIN the awesome, private FB group HERE - it's so much fun!
3. WORK with me HERE - wahoo!
👇Which stage are you in?
STAGE 1: Trying to nail your business idea? Figure out the Best Business Idea for YOU! CLICK HERE 🎉
STAGE 2: Ready to know HOW to start your business & do everything right? Finally, here's a big-picture plan for how to make your business happen: JUST START - the COURSE is here!
STAGE 3: Ready to grow your new business & make money? Then it's time you become a GROW-GETTER HERE! 💥
Want more fun?
Join me on social:
Get Free Resources ->
Just starting your business?