Ep 71: 7 False expectations many new business owners have...Feb 25, 2021
In today's episode, I share with you 7 false expectations many new business owners have.
You all know I keep it real, right? You know I tell you the TRUTH about building your own business, right? And you know that building your own business is one of the most amazing experiences of your life, right?
So here's 7 things many new business owners think will happen:
1. You think if you build it, then they will come. Nope...it doesn't happen. You have to work hard to attract the right people who then turn into customers. You have to market your business. You have to share your business with everyone. You have to work hard to get the word out about your business. People just don't show up.
2. You think you'll be on a beach soon without having to work. Not true. You have to work hard. You won't be on the beach soon unless you are already famous or are well known or have big connections, your business will not boom overnight relieving you of your business-ownership duties.
3. You think you'll have a ton of free time. Nope. You don't. I explain how you actually have "TIME FREEDOM" - meaning: you get to structure your days and time the way you want because you don't have a boss telling you when to work. But you will be putting in hours if you want to grow your business. Yes, you can just work a few hours a week and you can get this thing rolling - but for it to flourish, it will probably take more time than that.
4. You think everyone will love your stuff. Nope, they won't. Not everyone will like what you sell. Not everyone will buy what you sell. And that's how it is unless you are Amazon or Target or Wal-mart or Costco, etc. You have something right now that is only made for a certain group of people. Accept that.
5. You think everyone will understand why you are doing this. Nope, they won't. Some people will think you are crazy for not having a stable income at first. They don't know why you would give that up. They also may not understand your "why" - meaning: your mission. They might not get that yearning you have in your soul to do something more with your life and how you want to make others' lives better. It's okay. This is between you and God and the people you seek to serve.
6. You think the product/service you start with will 100% be the one that carries you for years. Not so. Your business will evolve. It will change and morph into the best products/services for the people you seek to serve. It's fun to see the process you will go through because it will keep bringing you closer and closer to creating the meaningful business you dream of.
7. You may think that starting a business isn't going to be hard. Well, I hate to tell you this, but it is hard. You're learning a new skill of being a business, while you're also learning how to transform what you know and love into a money-making product or service. It's a lot. t's a grind at first. And that's okay. Good things don't come easy. You're up for the challenge!
BONUS: The one thing that you expect to happen that DOES happy is that YES, you CAN make money doing what you love. It's true! (I'm proof - and so are many women in my FB group, clients I have, and the millions of other women entrepreneurs out in this world.! YOU are going to make this happen & I couldn't be happier for you!
NEW HERE? Do these 2 things first:
👉 GET YOUR HANDY Business-Starters CHECKLIST HERE
👍 JOIN the private FB group here!
👉WORK WITH ME HERE 👉
👇Which stage are you in?
1. Business-Idea Stage: NAIL YOUR BUSINESS IDEA HERE 🎉
2. Just-Starting Stage: START YOUR BUSINESS EFFECTIVELY HERE 💥
3. Audience-Building Stage: ATTRACT PEOPLE WHO TURN INTO CUSTOMERS HERE🔥
Just starting your business?