Ep 80: 3 Awkward things you may experience as you start your businessApr 29, 2021
Do you ever feel awkward while you are starting your new business? Does it bring back memories of middle school when you were trying to understand who you were and how you fit into this world?
That can be how many feel when starting a business. And it's understandable - but know this: you have to go through it to get to the other side. Today I share 3 ways you may be feeling awkward and let you know it's okay, and there are ways to get through it.
Yes, you can and will survive this stage!
1. You may feel weird sharing that you are starting a business. Yes, many do. You may have a current job or are a stay-at-home parent or have a part-time position you are trying to transition out of into this business. You may find yourself fumbling over wording as you share with others that you are starting this business. SO, start practicing saying what you are doing. Start being able to share succinctly what you do. Because...every person you tell now, leads to more people finding out about your business. (You can listen to Episode 79 to learn more about your compound efforts over time.)
2. Your first product offering may feel awkward. And know that this is okay. You have to get something out into the world to test and tweak and get feedback on so you can have it improve and create a stellar product. If you wait until you have things perfect, then this will never happen. You have to get something out there so you can help people! Then you can perfect it over time.
3. The first time you get on video, you will probably feel super awkward (unless you have prior experience being on video.) It does feel scary and you absolutely have to get the first time out of the way so you can feel more comfortable in front of your people. Some businesses may never have to be on camera - but it is super helpful for your people to see you, hear from and see your passion for what you do. Whether it be recorded video for your website, or going live in a FB group, it's something you will probably have to do so go ahead and get it rolling so you can get past the initial scariness :)
🎉NEW HERE? Do these 3 things first:
1. GET your FREE 16-step checklist + your business purpose guide HERE - yay!
2. JOIN my private FB group HERE - it's so much fun!
3. START your business effectively HERE - wahoo!
👇Which stage are you in?
Business-Idea Stage: CLICK HERE 🎉
Just-Starting Stage: CLICK HERE💥
Starting to Grow stage: CLICK HERE 💥 My new Grow-Getters group coming soon!
Just starting your business?